On May 2, 1955, six people met for a Bible Study and prayer meeting. A few months later, they began holding Sunday evening services to accommodate the growing group. On January 26, 1956, this group became an organized church and held services in a store-front building at 2205 Contra Costa Boulevard.
In December 1957, two and one-half acres on Risdon Road were purchased. Various buildings on the property were used until June 1961, when the first permanent Christian Education rooms and a small sanctuary were completed. As the membership expanded, a second story was added to the Sunday School building, as well as a kitchen and gymnasium. It is currently part of the Christian Education Building.
In the early 1970s, Fair Oaks purchased another 4.6 acres of adjacent property, expanded the parking facilities and built the sanctuary and offices that are in use today. In 2014, the Worship Center received interior and exterior remodels, and facility upgrades are continually being made.