Speaker: Lead Pastor Tom Olson
Series: My Amazing Life
We guard a lot of things in our lives (kids, spouses, money, secrets), but do we guard our hearts? Where your heart is, there your treasure will be also. Listen as we learn to equip ourselves so that we do not tarnish this wellspring of life.
God thinks you are a treasure. He loves you greatly. Your relationship with him is a part of your amazing life. Let's take care of that relationship and our hearts!
- Have you ever lost something that you greatly treasured? Care to share your story?
- What thoughts or questions did you have regarding Pastor Tom's sermon?
- What 3 qualities did Pastor Tom encourage us to cultivate in our lives? Do you remember what they were replacing?
- Read Proverbs 4:23, Philippians 2:12-17 and Ephesians 4:31-32. Why should we guard our hearts according to Proverbs? How so we do that?
- What does it mean to "work out our salvation"? What does Philippians 2:14 encourage us to do?
- What things do the verses in Ephesians encourage us to get rid of? How are we to act? How can we help one another to do these things?
- If you look back and read all of chapter 2 in Philippians, you will see how Christ humbled himself for our sake. Any sacrifices we make pale in comparison. Pray for one another hat we may grow in knowing God, in loving Him and others.
"We may easily be too big for God to use, but never too small."
-D. L. Moody-