Speaker: Lead Pastor Tom Olson
Series: My Amazing Life
You might be familiar with the saying, "One bad apple can ruin the whole bunch." Yet, it's not always easy to avoid those we would deem bad company. Listen as we learn to set parameters in our lives that keep us from compromising our character.
We have all had those people who impacted our lives, good and bad. Remember the Lone Ranger and his companion Tonto? They could always depend on each other. Tonto had his back. Tonto had a term of endearment meaning close friend. He called the Lone Ranger "Kemosabe".
- Did you have a good friend as a child? Did that friend help you to do good, or encourage you to make poor choices? Share one of those experiences.
- Read Proverbs 1:10. When have you been enticed by sin or a fellow sinner? Did you resist or give in? Are you willing to share your experience?
- Read Proverbs 1:20-21. Do you agree that wisdom is calling aloud in the streets and in the public square? Why or why not?
- Where do you seek/find wisdom?
- Pastor Tom had some suggestions for Christians. Do you remember what they were? Are you implementing those ideas into your life?
- Read the promises in Proverbs 1:23-33. What conditions are placed before these promises?
- Are you willing to consider deepening your connection with God and His family here at Fair Oaks Church? What steps will you take?
In the time we have, it is surely our duty to do all the good we can to all the people we can in all the ways we can."