Speaker: Lead Pastor Tom Olson
Series: My Amazing Life
Our minds are busy places, and it isn't always easy to control what's happening in them. We lose focus and start daydreaming or thinking about being someplace else and... squirrel! Wait, what? Have a listen as we look at how exactly we're meant to keep our minds renewed.
God says that we are to renew our minds, and set them on things above. If God says to do this, it's fair to assume that it can be done. Let's discover how we can control out thoughts.
- Share a goal you have made and accomplished. Or share one that you have struggled to accomplish.
- Read Philippians 3:12-4:9. Look through the passage, noting the directions or commands Paul wrote to the Philippians. List them
- Which of these were followed by a promise? What were they?
- Pastor Tom encouraged us to set an agenda, support our agenda, and show it. What do you think he meant?
- Look at verse 4:8. How has dwelling on these excellent or praiseworthy thoughts helped you?
- Verse 3:17 encourages us to join with others in following Paul's example. Are there ways you need to join with others? Share them.
"A nation or civilization that continues to produce soft-minded men purchases its own spiritual death on the installment plan."
-Martin Luther King, JR. Leader in the Civil Right Movement