Speaker: Lead Pastor Tom Olson
Series: My Amazing Life
Our daily habits determine how healthy we are, and our physical health is actually connected to our spiritual health. God cares about both! Have a listen as we discover the habits that help us stay healthy in both arenas.
"I pray that all is well with you and that your body is as healthy as I know your soul is."
3 John 1:2 (NLT)
The spiritual life is associated to some degree with the physical life, as 3 John 1:2 above indicates. In seeking spiritual transformation, it can be helpful to also focus on developing healthy physical habits.
- In Proverbs 3:7-8, what spiritual advice is given for developing our physical health?
- How are we to think of our bodies in the light of the teaching in 1 Corinthians 6:13 that God has given us our bodies?
- Discuss the relative importance of the godly life versus the physical life in light of 1 Timothy 4:7-8.
- Discuss how you would use your faith to help you achieve your goals. Your dependence on God is an essential and integral factor in achieving your goals. Talk about the sick man's faith when Jesus said, "Get up and get going!"
- Explain how you feel God works within us to give us the desire to accomplish his will, and how God gives us the power to do what pleases Him. What are the eternal consequences of this?
Diving Deeper (Optional)
6. Luke 11:34 relates the spiritual life to the physical. How are our eyes the lamp of our body? What are some examples of eyes that are healthy versus vision that is bad? What does it mean to have a body that is full of light as opposed to full of darkness?