FOC Student Ministries
It’s not easy being a middle school or high school student in today’s world, and our Student Ministries exists to be the encouraging foundation that students need for their walk in faith. None of us are perfect, nor do we claim to be, but we are striving as a student ministry towards Christ. The great part is EVERYONE IS INVITED! We are excited to grow closer with Christ, grow closer with one another, and be Jesus's hands in feet in the world around us. We meet at our weekly gathering every Wednesday night, RECLAIMED, and regularly host awesome and unique group activities in the local area. Join us for the fun!
Middle School (Grades 6-8)
Middle School Ministry is a place where every middle school kid can connect to Jesus, to great friends in a community, and connect to fun and energetic leaders. Every Wednesday night at RECLAIMED, the Middle School Ministry meets together with the High School Ministry to grow and learn more about Jesus. We connect through teaching, small groups, worship, games, and monthly events. We also encourage the middle school students to join the main service with their families at 10:30 AM on Sunday mornings.
High School (Grades 9-12)
High School Ministry is where all high school students can come together to feel completely accepted and encouraged to grow in their relationship with Jesus Christ. Every Wednesday Night at RECLAIMED, High School Ministry meets together to grow and learn about Jesus. We connect through teaching, small groups, worship, games and monthly events. We also encourage high school students to join the main service at 10:30 AM on Sunday mornings.
During the school year, high school students meet after Sunday church for lunch and to hang out and recap the main service. We come together to not only discuss what we learned, but also how we can apply the message to our daily lives that week. It's our heart that our students know that they are just as much a vital part of the church as their parents and NEXT Step is that place to help students realize that they are the church.
For more information about Student Ministries, contact the Student Ministries Director, Zech Carr, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Want to see what's going on this week at FOC Student Ministries? Check out our Facebook page.
Registration is now open for this year's summer camp at Mount Hermon. Camp is July 2nd-8th, and is open to all high school students. This one-week camp transforms lives through play, community, and worship - and the memories last a lifetime. To register, or for information about how you can support our students, please contact Student Ministries Director Zech Carr at email@example.com
To help raise funds for camp, the Student Ministry is hosting a Formal for all high-school students. Even if you're not a student, you can help out by donating your time or resources in one of the following ways. Please email Briel Araujo (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you can help:
● *Brownies & Cookies
*all baked goods must either be store bought and unopened
or made on site the day of due to Dept. of Health regulations.
● Large Ice Cream Tubs (at least 1 chocolate, 1 vanilla)
● Chocolate Syrup
● Cans of Whipped Cream
● Maraschino Cherries
● Assorted bite sized candies such as: Skittles, M & Ms, Swedish Fish, Sour Gummy Worms, Star Bursts
● Mini/Fun sized chocolates such as: Kit Kats, Twix, Snickers, etc.
Finger Foods & Appetizers
● Pre cut fruit and vegetable trays (at least 2 each)
● Cool Ranch Doritos, Nacho Cheese Doritos (at least 2 bags each)
● Pretzels and Goldfish (at least 2 bags each)
● 2 Liter Soda Bottles: Sprite, Coca Cola, Dr. Pepper, Root Beer (at least 2 of each)
● Gold Peak or Sweet Leaf Sweet Tea
● 1 82.5 Oz can of Country Time Lemonade Powder Mix
Set Up Crew
● Arrive anytime between 10:30am through 5:30pm to help set up and decorate. The set up crew will be expected to help hang *Christmas lights indoors and outdoors (such as around stone pillars of ALC), move TVs from youth room upstairs into the fireside room, decorate dining tables with *centerpieces, decorate the dessert table, set up photo booth station, and whatever else comes up along the way. 8-10 adults would be appreciated, but the more the merrier. Feel free to bring ladders, extension cords, tape, and anything you think might be handy to have.
*we hope all necessary decoration elements will be secured
by this time so there should be no need to provide these
● 8-10 Chaperones: Chaperones are to arrive at 5:45pm on the night of the event and provide supervision until the end of the event. Our goal is to have 8-10 chaperones for the night (1 for every 10 kids or so), and we currently are in need of at least 5 more. Aside from providing general supervision and security, chaperones will also double as:
○ 2 Check-in Table Managers: Prompt arrival is important, as students will begin arriving and checking in at 6:00pm. This year, students will be paying 20$ at the door upon their arrival. Managers will be responsible for collecting admission and recording students’ names and transactions. A cash box will be provided.
○ 2 Dessert Table Servers/Supervisors: Dessert Table Supervisors are to begin manning the dessert table at 6:45pm (15 minutes after the start of dinner) and are expected to stay until kids are mainly finished with desserts. You will be responsible for scooping and serving ice cream along the sundae bar to mainly help with ice cream & topping portion control and any necessary restocking.
○ 2 S’more & Bonfire Supervisors: S’more & Bonfire Supervisors are to head over to where the three portable fire pits (which we are graciously borrowing) are located in the parking lot at sunset. You will start and monitor the fires and s’more making until either supplies run out or the end of the event.
○ General Supervision: Duties throughout the night include checking in on the game room in the Fireside room and other activities such as dancing, manning the photo booth, or relieving the duties of and alternating with other chaperones upon your own discretion.
Tear Down Crew
● The Tear Down Crew is free to arrive whenever to help FOC students clean up as the event begins dying out at around 9pm. The church campus is to be completely cleared out by 10:00pm. 8-10 adults would be appreciated, but the more the merrier.